There's only weeks left before the Andrews government makes its final decision on Victoria's first Emissions Reduction Targets.
With the Morrison government refusing to tackle the climate crisis, we need Victoria to show greater leadership.
When it comes to tackling the climate crisis, the global goal is to keep warming below 1.5°C. We need this to be Victoria's goal too. We need science-based Emissions Reduction Targets.
We're calling on all our supporters, community climate champions, allies in the movement and elsewhere to join us in a Week of Action for Victorian Climate Leadership. March 14 - 24.
ORGANISE YOUR OWN ACTION TO:
* Demonstrate the community's commitment to Victorian climate leadership.
* Put the Climate Blockers (fossil fuel companies, lobbyists, and boosters) on the back foot.
* Highlight the communities, wildlife, and the natural world on the frontline of climate impacts.
* Show solidarity with allies in the climate movement.
Will you step up and organise an action? It could be anything from a letter writing session or phoning your local MP to a banner drop or creative action.
REGISTER YOUR ACTION:
* Email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to register your action. We'll help you get the word out to supporters.
NEED A HAND ORGANISING AN ACTION?
* Join us for the Get Sh*t Done: Action Planning & Skills Sharesession at the Kathleen Syme Library on Saturday 14 March > https://www.actonclimate.org.au/getshitdone
SIGN UP FOR ACTION ALERTS:
* Sign up here for updates about actions in your area > https://www.actonclimate.org.au/weekofaction
* Tues 17 March - 100 Laps for Climate Leadership, Victorian Parliament House.
* Fri 20 March - Fridays for Future #ClimateStrike, Victorian Parliament House.
* Fri 20 March - Spell it out: 100%, a school near you.
* Sat 21 March - Camp Street Climate Fair, Ballarat.
* Sun 22 March - Irish Tunes for Climate Action, 312 Smith St, Collingwood.
* More - to be announced!
Check the facebook page here.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com for further information.
ABOVE: Keep it below 1.5oC human sign at Hepburn wind farm, February 2020.