With a growing number of local groups across Victoria opposing plans for gold exploration and mining, Friends of the Earth is helping to organise a state-wide gathering of campaigners to discuss strategies. All active local groups are invited to attend. It will happen in November 2021.
The meeting will happen via zoom on a Sunday in November. All active local groups are invited to attend by sending a delegate or number of delegates.
These people should be empowered by their group to provide an update, and report back.
We propose a short meeting, with a maximum length of two hours.
Each group will be asked to give a brief ‘elevator pitch’ on their campaign:
- Where they are/ who they are
- What company or companies are they up against? (and what stage is the project up to)
- What tactics are they using (eg opposing individual exploration license applications, influencing local council, using petitions, mobilising farmers or local businesses, etc)
- Any help they would like from other groups
- initial discussion about developing a shared public statement.
If you or your group would like to be involved, please get in touch: [email protected]