Our digital action with the Disability Resources Centre is tomorrow Tues 19 May!
We are calling everyone – whether you find public transport inaccessible, or if you understand how important it is to have a transport system that works for everyone – to post a message or photo with the hashtag #LifelongLockdown on Facebook on Tuesday 19th May.
Here's how to get involved:
1. TAKE A PICTURE of yourself with this message: #LifelongLockdown (if you don’t want to take a photo jump to instruction 3).
2. FRAME YOURSELF on the other side of a window - or make your own creative frame -to reflect the way that barriers to public transport keep people with all kinds of disabilities living in lifelong lockdown.
3. ADD A MESSAGE: Address your message to Melissa Horne MP. You can describe your own experience or add something like: The Victorian Government is failing people with disabilities who have been campaigning for decades for equal access to public transport. We need a public transport system that works for everyone. (Remember not to use aggressive language or unkindness).
4. POST YOUR PICTURE AND/OR MESSAGE ON FACEBOOK and tag Melissa Horne MP (Minister for Public Transport) @melissaforwilliamstown, Luke Donnellan MP (Minister for Disabilities) @luke.donnellan, Jacinta Allan MP (Minister for Transport Infrastructure) @JacintaAllanMP and the DRC @DRCadvocacy.
5. IF YOU’RE SHORT ON TIME copy and paste the message below and post it to your Facebook, Instagram and Twitter on Tuesday:
@Melissaforwilliamstown, as COVID lockdown subsides, I am asking you to end #LifelongLockdown for Victorians with disabilities by making a fully accessible public transport system an urgent priority. #WeHavePlacesToGo @luke.donnellan @JacintaAllanMP @DRCadvocacy