This role would be a temporary addition to the Operations Collective to Friends of the Earth Melbourne, who also serve as the Secretariat for Friends of the Earth Australia. The role is to project manage our finance system upgrade for both Friends of the Earth Australia and Melbourne. They will work in direct collaboration with the Operations Collective to project manage the design and implementation of the system.
A Finance System Upgrade will transform the way financial records and operational resources are managed at Friends of the Earth. This project will provide vital infrastructure and professional development to support the ongoing growth of Friends of the Earth. Strengthening the management capacity of the Operations Collective to meet increased demands on organisational resources will ensure more efficient reporting measures. The development of a custom system designed to integrate a complex set of financial records, donation streams, incomes and expenditures will streamline the methods in which our autonomous campaign collectives, including our social enterprise Food Co-op and Cafe, manage their financial records.
This project will have four key stages: review, design and implementation stages to create a custom system and a complete a data transfer of all financial records; and a skills development stage to provide system training to Operations, Food Co-op and campaign staff.
- Planning, development and implementation of project plan including a data transfer and installation timeline.
- Stakeholder management and communication.
- Facilitate ongoing workshops with key staff members to gather information and identify all the aspects of the current finance system that need to be integrated into the new operating system.
- Develop design map of the new financial operating system.
- Project manage in collaboration with the Operations Collective research, consultation and trialling of new systems, payment gateways and software applications to integrate different aspects of the new operating system.
- Project manage in collaboration with the Operations Collective the development of finance processes and organisational procedures that will be developed with the implementation of the new finance system.
- Project manage in collaboration with the Operations Collective testing, training and implementation activities to ensure stable transition and successful delivery of new finance processes.
- Project manage in collaboration with the Operations Collective the ongoing creation of resources and training manuals for new operating system: reviewing and revising documentation and resources in light of any new information and/or changes to initial assumptions.
- Organise in collaboration with the Operations Collective training and support to Friends of the Earth Melbourne staff and volunteers to implement new system processes and operations.
The position will be accountable to the Operations, Food Cooperative Collective and Strategy Collectives of Friends of the Earth Melbourne.
Salary & Conditions:
The campaigner would be employed under the Friends of the Earth Melbourne workers agreement. Friends of the Earth Melbourne has a policy of wage equity and as such all workers are paid at the same hourly rate.
The current commencing pay rate for this position is $34.15 per hour, which equates to $71,032.00 pro rata plus Super and benefits.
Hours of work:
This is a 2 day a week position (0.4EFT). At Friends of the Earth Melbourne we consider a working day to be 8 hours, with the option of flexi time within a working day.
- A commitment to social and environmental justice issues
- Experience in project managing complex projects
- Experience in facilitating successful meetings for groups
- An ability to focus and motivate others in a collaborative workplace
- An ability to handle confidential information discreetly
- A demonstrated attention to detail
- Strong demonstrated systems analysis, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- A demonstrated ability to write functional/technical documentation and operating procedures
- An understanding of data migration requirements, approach, design and implementation
- An understanding of Friends of the Earth’s anti-hierarchical and collective consensus based organisational model
- A knowledge of finance systems using Reckon
- A knowledge of finance systems using Xero
- A knowledge of Nationbuilder databasing system
- A knowledge of complex retail point of sale (POS) systems
Applicants are requested to email [email protected] using the subject line: Finance System Project Upgrade Coordinator application, by 5pm Friday, 7th September. Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered:
- A cover letter
- A CV
A response to the Key selection criteria, which should address all of the essential selection criteria and provide evidence and examples to support your responses
For any further information please contact Phil Evans, Friends of the Earth Development Coordinator 03 9419 8700 or [email protected]