About the Walk This Way:
Walk This Way is one of Friends of the Earth’s exciting new projects. Coming in September, Walk This Way is a new peer-to-peer fundraiser to make a positive impact on your local community. By getting friends and family to sponsor them for their efforts, participants will be helping fund our campaigns for social and environmental justice.
Walk This Way will be taking place in September and is aiming to engage participants from across Melbourne to take grassroots action on climate change.
Volunteers for Walk This Way will help with Media, Schools, Communications, Outreach and Partnerships and Events teams. You’ll be joining an innovative project that is growing. You’ll help empower people to take action on climate change whilst also raising money for Friends of the Earth.
Hours: 8-16 hours per week, dependent on role and the stage of the project. You’ll attend core team meetings. Working times are flexible. Ideally working from the Friends of the Earth Office at 312 Smith St, Collingwood, Melbourne.
This role is available within a university placement context - providing volunteers can commit to the full term of the project.
Duration: Until Late September/October 2016.
Reports to: Jemila Rushton, Fundraising Coordinator.
Volunteer Purpose and Responsibilities
- Overseeing strategy for core teams for Walk This Way
- Working collaboratively with a team of volunteers throughout the campaign to accomplish tasks relevant to their area of focus.
- Participate in the Walk This Way Core Team to set the campaign's strategic direction.
- A rewarding experience within an environmental NGO.
- You will receive ongoing training and skill development.
- The opportunity to meet new people and share innovative ideas.
- Experience in team management, strategy, communications and campaigning.
- Skills and Competencies
Volunteers and Team Members are people who:
- Are committed to environmental and social justice.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have excellent planning and organisation skills.
How to apply for this role:
For any further information please contact Jemila Rushton, Fundraising Coordinator on 0426 962 506 or email email@example.com. To apply write to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Volunteer - Walk This Way application.
More about Friends of the Earth:
Friends of the Earth is the world's largest grassroots environmental network, uniting 76 national member groups and some 5,000 local activist groups. With over 2 million members and supporters around the world, we campaign on today's most urgent environmental and social issues including climate change, forest protection, clean energy and indigenous rights.