We are seeking volunteers to get involved with Media, Communications, Outreach and Partnerships and Events planning as we organise the FoE event of the year - Walk This Way! You’ll be joining an innovative project that is growing. You’ll help empower people to take action on climate change. You'll help raise vital funds for Friends of the Earth.
About the Walk This Way:
#WalkThisWay is coming in October 2018!
Last year, we took 100 people on a 15km walk along Melbourne's capital city trail to take community action on climate change and create a more liveable city with the launch of our Sustainable Cities campaign.
This year, we are aiming to bring people from across Melbourne together take action in the lead up to the state election in November. We've got a new route, and a new campaign to get people excited about.
When people join up to #WalkThisWay, and get support from friends and family to sponsor them for their efforts, participants will be helping fund Friends of the Earth campaigns for social and environmental justice.
In 2017 we raised an incredible $23,000 for Friends of the Earth campaigns - can you help us smash this target this year!?
Hours: Ideally, you'd be keen to give a few hours per week, as well as come to regular meetings with other volunteers. Working times are flexible. Ideally working from the Friends of the Earth Office at 312 Smith St, Collingwood, Melbourne.
This role is available within a university placement context - providing volunteers can commit to the full term of the project.
Duration: Until mid October 2018.
Reports to: Jemila Rushton, Fundraising Coordinator.
Volunteer Purpose and Responsibilities
- Overseeing strategy for core teams for Walk This Way
- Working collaboratively with a team of volunteers throughout the campaign to accomplish tasks relevant to their area of focus.
- Participate in the Walk This Way Core Team to set the campaign's strategic direction.
- A rewarding experience within an environmental NGO.
- You will receive ongoing training and skill development.
- The opportunity to meet new people and share innovative ideas.
- Experience in team management, strategy, communications and campaigning.
- Skills and Competencies
Volunteers and Team Members are people who:
- Are committed to environmental and social justice.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have excellent planning and organisation skills.
How to apply for this role:
For any further information please contact Jemila Rushton, Fundraising Coordinator on 0426 962 506 or email email@example.com. To apply write to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Volunteer - Walk This Way application.
More about Friends of the Earth:
Friends of the Earth is the world's largest grassroots environmental network, uniting 76 national member groups and some 5,000 local activist groups. With over 2 million members and supporters around the world, we campaign on today's most urgent environmental and social issues including climate change, forest protection, clean energy and indigenous rights.