**THE SUBMISSION PERIOD IS NOW CLOSED -- THANKYOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS SUPPORTED THE LATROBE VALLEY's FIRST WIND FARM**
The Latrobe Valley has long been home to the state's ageing coal-burning power plants and is on the cusp of securing its first wind farm... But only if we TAKE ACTION!
The Victorian government is now taking public submissions about the proposed Delburn wind farm. It's essential for the community to have its say on this project of state significance.
If approved, the Delburn wind farm will:
- Create 186 construction jobs and 24 ongoing jobs for the region.
- Invest $109 million into the Latrobe Valley's economy.
- Power 135,000 homes with clean renewable energy.
- Cut Victoria's emissions by 640,000 tonnes each year.
- Overlook the retired Hazelwood coal-burning power plant and mine.
Will you help continue the Latrobe Valley's transition to renewable energy and lock in jobs by making a submission in support of the Delburn wind farm?
The public consultation will close on Wednesday 18 August, so send your submission now.
MORE INFO & SUPPORT: