We are building a new website!
You can find all the info about our campaigns here, or head back to our homepage by clicking here.
Our initial campaign will focus on organics recycling- a vital step in addressing our greenhouse gas emissions. The contents of an average Australian household bin is 37-50% organic food matter. When this goes to landfill, it rots in the absence of oxygen, producing methane- a greenhouse gas 24 times more potent than carbon. This amounts to 24% of Australia's greenhouse gas emissions.
It's absolutely vital to get food out of our landfill bins- and we will to do so by lobbying our local councils to implement organics recycling programs.
Getting involved in this campaign is easy:
- Visit our Organics Recycling page for the state you live in - ACT | NSW | NT | QLD | SA | TAS | VIC | WA
- Find your Local council's details on the spreadsheet (Don't know which council you belong to? There's a Find your Local Council on the page)
- Contact your local council (Don't know what to say? Find some talking points here)
- Let us know how you went by sharing your experience on our Facebook group
- What did you do? (wrote/emailed/phoned/social media)
- How did it go? Did you get a response?
- What do you think you might do next?
Want to take things a step further? You can find talking points, typical council responses, FAQ and further steps in the Action guide here.
If you want to be kept up-to-date on this and further Waste and Consumption campaigns, why not join our Take Action group?
Any questions, please contact Anine.email@example.com