Victorian Forest Alliance
The Victorian Forest Alliance aims to protect and restore native forests in the state of Victoria by developing effective strategies to facilitate interaction and collaboration between environmental groups. The alliance brings together all groups actively protecting native forests in Victoria no matter what their geographical location and shows solidarity with First Nations Peoples by developing meaningful relationships that amplify First Nations voices and cultural values.
The Victorian Forest Alliance is a new alliance of long-time grassroots forest groups that incorporated in October 2021. The alliance brings together all groups actively protecting native forests in Victoria no matter what their geographical location. All the groups collectively have had more than 80 years of experience, are active within their communities and have incredible on the ground knowledge and existing networks.
The VFA’s Mission Statement is to protect and restore native forests in Victoria, and:
- Facilitate interaction and collaboration between environment groups to support the protection and restoration of native forests in Victoria.
- Develop and employ effective strategies to protect and restore native forests in Victoria.
- Ensure that the measures proposed to protect and restore the ecological integrity of native forests are grounded in science.
- Show solidarity with First Nations Peoples by developing meaningful relationships that amplify mobs’ voices and cultural values.
- Increase public awareness of how preserving and restoring native forest can address the consequences of extractive industries.
- Support alternatives to extractive industries.