About the Green Pledge:
The Green Pledge is one of Friends of the Earth’s exciting projects. The Green Pledge involves taking personal actions for one week to make a positive impact on your local environment. By getting friends and family to sponsor them for their efforts, participants will be helping fund our campaigns for renewable energy and a sustainable future.
The Green Pledge will be taking place 16-22 September and is aiming to engage participants from across Victoria.
Volunteers for the Green Pledge will help with Media, Schools, Communications, Outreach and Partnerships and Events teams. You’ll be joining an innovative project that is growing every year. You’ll help empower people to take environmental action themselves whilst also raising money for Friends of the Earth.
Hours: 8-16 hours per week, dependent on role and the stage of the project. You’ll attend core team meetings. Working times are flexible. Ideally working from the Friends of the Earth Office at 312 Smith St, Collingwood, Melbourne.
This role is available within a university placement context - providing volunteers can commit to the full term of the project.
Duration: Until Late September 2016.
Reports to: Jemila Rushton, Green Pledge Coordinator.
Volunteer Purpose and Responsibilities
- Overseeing strategy for core teams for The Green Pledge.
- Working collaboratively with a team of volunteers throughout the campaign to accomplish tasks relevant to their area of focus.
- Participate in the Green Pledge Core Team to set the campaign's strategic direction.
- A rewarding experience within an environmental NGO.
- You will receive ongoing training and skill development.
- The opportunity to meet new people and share innovative ideas.
- Experience in team management, strategy, communications and campaigning.
- Skills and Competencies
Volunteers and Team Members are people who:
- Are committed to environmental and social justice.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have excellent planning and organisation skills.
How to apply for this role:
For any further information please contact Jemila Rushton, The Green Pledge Coordinator on 0426 962 506 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply write to email@example.com, using the subject line: Volunteer - The Green Pledge application.
More about Friends of the Earth:
Friends of the Earth is the world's largest grassroots environmental network, uniting 76 national member groups and some 5,000 local activist groups. With over 2 million members and supporters around the world, we campaign on today's most urgent environmental and social issues including climate change, forest protection, clean energy and indigenous rights.